A first date is always a nervous time for both of you. It’s a journey into the unknown, but also a journey that offers excitement and reward. With my 5 dating and relationship tips, I’m going to tell you how to make the best of that first date. And how to ensure you get more than just one date, to go on and build up a loving and long-lasting relationship.
1. Distinguish yourself from the ordinary – be different. Don’t use the usual clichés, or make it obvious you are more interested in her body than her mind. Treat her as a real person. Hold eye contact and speak in normal conversational terms. You’ll surprise her.
2. Speak to her about her. Everyone likes the word “you,” and she will be instantly flattered if you want to learn more about her. Ask about her likes and dislikes. Ask about things she’s done, places she’s visited, her ambitions and dreams, etc, etc.
3. Compliment her. But don’t go overboard. Be subtle and honest. The occasional genuine compliment is worth far more than a barrage of compliments on anything and everything.
4. Use the right body language. Non-verbal signals usually say more about how we really feel than anything else. Use an open posture, rather than sitting cross-legged or with arms crossed. It’s the small gestures and the voice tone that says more than the actual words every time.
5. If all goes well there will come a point in the evening when it’s time to find out where the encounter is heading. This usually takes the form of self-disclosure; you will tell her some things, she will tell you some things. The level of disclosure usually deepens until you both reach a point where you know (hopefully) what’s going to happen next.
Take it slow and stay subtle and confident throughout. These five dating and relationship tips are the basics of successful dating and relationships. There are many more things to learn, but learn these and you won’t go far wrong. I wish you a happy and fulfilling future.